Marca Corona produces from 1741 floors, coatings and ceramic mosaics of excellence, that combine outstanding technical performance with the style and elegance that characterize the best Made in Italy.
founded in 1741, Marca Corona is the oldest ceramic in Sassuolo, quickly became the most important company of the Este Duchy. In the mid-nineteenth century begins to export abroad and in 1889 inaugurates the production of dry pressed tiles. In 1982 becomes part of the Concorde Group positioning itself on the higher end of the market with mosaics, walls and floors distributed worldwide.
Since more than a century, the history of Marca Corona accompanies the development of ceramic industry, with more and more advanced technologies and aesthetic intuitions intended to usher new ceramic style currents. Each Marca Corona collection is the result of the perfect combination of the most advanced production technologies and a careful and constant pursuit of the latest fashion and design trends. Products that combine aesthetic refinement in technical performance, to meet every need housing, but also thanks to the new design large rectified sizes. Marca Corona collections are distributed worldwide, where they bring the values and aesthetic refinement typical technological excellence of Made in Italy: all products Marca Corona are in fact entirely studied, designed and manufactured in Italy.
Galleria Marca Corona, the Ceramics Museum
The collection on display has its origins in the "Museum of Rubbiani Factory", set up in the nineteenth century in the residential building adjacent to the implant of Contrada del Borgo.
Galleria Marca Corona renews the legacy of the Rubbiani Factory collection, the first collection of ceramics in Sassuolo, confirming the continuity of values that are in the evolution ceramic its founding principle.
The collection on display has its origins in the "Museum of Rubbiani Factory", set up in the nineteenth century in the residential building adjacent to the implant of Contrada del Borgo. Since its first founding collection was presented as an exhibition of fine ceramics of Sassuolo, enriched with pieces from Faenza and other Italian areas ceramic vocation, as Casteldurante, Castelli, Pesaro, Savona, Carpi and Modena. A historical succession of styles, where the protagonist was still the old "Factory of Majolica" of our city.
The intent was to establish a prestigious historical heritage testimony manufacturing ceramics Sassuolo, so that, recalls Federico Argnani, the first scholar of the collection, each customer could understand how past and present coniugassero in contemporary production through a strong entrepreneurial and artistic continuity, "A better witness to the importance of the Sassuolo factory, making them perennial honor ".
During the twentieth century the "Company Carlo Rubbiani" is transformed first into "Società Anonima Ceramica in Sassuolo", then in 1935 in "Anonymous Company Ceramiche Marca Corona" in today's society so Ceramiche Marca Corona S.p.A.. which continued in the years to collect and catalog objects of art pottery of its industrial past, now on display in this gallery. Today the collection contains the entire "genetic heritage" of the company founded in 1741, that was able to maintain its commitment to excellence.
The collection follows the time evolution of the Sassuolo factory by 1741 till today, passing from tableware and furnishings from the early days of, number plates for naming and numbering up to street decorated tiles for floors and walls, ideal precursor of the high quality industrial production.
Galleria Marca Corona captures and preserves the spirit of the area which forms part of the success of the Sassuolo ceramic, becoming the heir and continuation of a unique history not only in the district, but also in Italy and in the world.
Ceramiche Marca Corona is pleased to offer citizenship, to scholars and enthusiasts this important sign of a common historical memory.
Ceramiche Marca Corona dedicate this gallery to the late President of the Concorde Group, Professor Cyril Mussini, who fully understood its value and safeguarded the integrity.