LAND OF MOTORS

||LAND OF MOTORS

Fiorano Modenese

Once under the control of Sassuolo, become common in 1860. Its territory, however, has a very ancient origin so as to give the name of Fiorano Culture at the most important Neolithic settlement of Emilia Central.

It was during the Roman era that appeared the first production plants, as furnaces for bricks and ceramics, and rural settlements in the foothills of Fiorano, Spezzano and Nirano.

In the Museum of Ceramics in Fiorano (Part of Spezzano Castle) It houses a tomb of the Lombard era woman (sixth century).

In 916 D.C.. at the Fiorano hill was built the Castle said 'Sasso' with central tower and an inhabited inside. The Castle passed by the Pio Dalla Rosa Sassuolo, but his story ended in 1558 when it was burned by the Spaniards. Miraculously survived only one Madonna painted on the door of the castle, and from that episode began the worship path that will lead to the construction of the sanctuary designed by Avanzini on behalf of Francesco I d'Este.

Fiorano Modenese is part of the ceramic District (It is the municipality with the highest concentration of industrial facilities related to the world of ceramics) but it is also found in the Motor Valley thanks to the circuit in which test the Scuderia Ferrari.

Palazzo Ducale can be visited the Ducal APARTMENTS, the contemporary section Monochromatic Light in the Appartamento stuccoed, the exhibition 'A GUEST ILLUSTRE. The Estense Gallery in Sassuolo 'and also the exposure of the restored DOSSO shovel DOSSI the Galleria Estense of the Madonna and Child with Saints.

Maranello

Maranello is famous as the home of the Ferrari factory by 1943, that is, since Enzo Ferrari factory moved here because of the war and after it was denied permission to transfer it to Formigine. And 'the city 2009 and it is part of the Ceramic District.

The history of Maranello, however, is attributable to 'Bronze Age (1800-1000 A.C.) but there are numerous finds from even earlier times, as the remains of Terramara Gorzano or the necropolis of Cumarola the Neolithic period.

The same street Claudia, still the main road that cuts through the city, It is witness to the Roman presence: It was an ancient path, perhaps already in Etruscan times, alternative to the Via Emilia.

The heart of what is called Maranello Old It is represented by the castle, which still exists. Built in a strategic position on a hill in a foothill, Sentinel had access to Frignano. purchased in 1936 by the artist Giuseppe Graziosi, It was restored after World War II and today is private property.

The town of Maranello owes its fortune on the street Gardens, built in 1766 It was comparable to a highway on which they developed commercial and exchange activities (even the Ferrari factory is located on this road). And 'thanks to this Este era road that Maranello had its economic development and became a recreation area for the Modenese.

Two are therefore the way around which develops Maranello, the Via Claudia and Via Giardini. At the intersection of these two lines was born Maranello New.

MUSEUM FERRARI MARANELLO
ASSOCIATION CITY’ ENGINES
CONSORTIUM MARANELLO LAND OF MYTH
2018-01-21T18:44:56+00:00 SASSUOLO AND AROUND|