Elegant stately home for the summer holiday of Giacobazzi accounts, one of the most influential families of the court, and therefore privileged point of observation on the historical events of the Este Duchy of Seven and Eight hundred, after a thorough scientific restoration, the building was intended for the Library headquarters of the Boys "Leontine". Set in a large park, also public, The complex has an articulated plan, the result of successive amendments, from a primitive home of probable sixteenth century tower. The oldest evidence of this building date back to the second half of the seventeenth century, when a main house with roof terrace on the way to the mountain, just "out of the door of the Capuchin", It turns out to belong to the family Moreali. Is Don Giovanni Giacobazzi, pastor of the neighboring hill, to buy in 1724, along with numerous other land, the "Capuchin casino", so called because of the proximity to the homonymous convent, but the real buyer is the lawyer Domenico Maria Giacobazzi, Secretary and State Councillor of the Duke Francesco III d'Este, a friend of Ludovico Antonio Muratori and one of the promoters of the manufacture ceramic in Sassuolo, which it becomes effective only owner in 1728. Between 1735 e 1759, Giacobazzi promotes jobs of amplification and embellishment that give the villa forms similar to the current ones, with two side wings, the dell'altana connection to the sandstone facade and window frames. Melamine was also the entrance to the village, at the access bridge on the Modena channel, lying poi, with the elegant portal with curved gable that still looks out on the square in Porrino.
On the death of Domenico Maria, in 1770, the vast property passed to his son Honorius, mayor of the City of Sassuolo and State Councilor, which he was awarded the title of count in 1777. To the patronage of Count Honorius can be traced back surgery that most characterizes the building. Taking advantage of the construction of a municipal road circondariale, that would relieve the streets of the city center from the heavier wagons traffic, Honorius, around the 1786, promoted the opening of a new and wider entrance to the estate, electing the east elevation of the main facade casino. The new road, then, wide Provana of poplars leading to the villa, that is why it was later called "The Poplars", whose protruding side wings welcomed those who arrived in the court like a hug. Count Luigi Giacobazzi, Podesta also in Sassuolo, then Minister of the Interior for the Duke Francesco V d'Austria, married to Isabella Ferrari Moreni Countess, He inherited from his father Honorius ownership, where his family resided permanently for three generations. Only after the riots of 1831, indeed, the Giacobazzi moved into their building on Via Ganaceto in Modena, capital where Louis had been promoted consultant to the Ministry of Good Governance, going in the villa of Sassuolo for the summer resort. Count Louis still has to be brought back the commissioning of suggestive nell'altana the villa decorations, painted "in country" in 1857 by painter Sassuolo Antonio Valentini, with the collaboration of John Braglia. The crown room and the building allows you to enjoy a great view over the estate; to the walls, including false architecture of neo-Gothic style and climbing a bit romantic 'fané, Valentini, student of landscape artist John Susani, deploys a soft hillside view, imagined in a visual continuum, as in a diorama. The physical nature of the walls is ideally eliminated; Sets aside the curtain wall: It seems to be in an imaginary gazebo in the middle of a large English park, animated by different figures from gentle recitative, in which they will contain references to the theatrical tradition of Emilia post bibienesca, as in the topos of "vegetable gallery". At the death of Louis, in 1893, The villa was the center of an estate litigation. The eldest son Honorius, married to the countess Amalia Parma Mazzari Fulcini, He had transferred their homes in a nearby casino bought by his wife in 1871, then called Villa Amalia, left to the branch of Giacobazzi Mazzari Fulcini until 1994 and now a well-known industrial group from Sassuolo. His brother Antonio, instead, He had been in the family estate, purchased by his wife Antoinette de Devan in 1894 in order to prevent the fragmentation. Died Count Antonio, the house passed to his two sons: Brass, Monsignor and waitresses of His Holiness secret, the unstable mental balance, e Leontine, Fine cultrice memories of homelands and passionate writer of historical novels, married to the Earl of Ippolito Giorgi Vistarino. Just come into possession of the property, Leontine immediately promoted new and substantial interventions in the villa: between 1909 and the 1915, in the sinuous and elegant Art Nouveau lines, They were in fact made the new scale pincer, which allows direct access from the courtyard to the piano nobile, and renewed the interior decorations, painted by first-time local painter Umberto beans according to a lingering taste revivalist; while the thirties of the twentieth century can be dated the extension of, with a new dining room obtained by aggregating a porch body west. After hosting a group of benefactors who during the Second World War realizzavano objects to be sent to the front, in the fifties the villa was also home to the dispensary "Mafalda di Savoia", for TB patients. On the death of her husband and Leontine, the complex passed entirely to his daughter, Countess Rosanna Giorgi Vistarino, married to Count Ambrogio Caccia Dominioni. Rosanna, how Honorary fellow mother of historical studies, It was emotionally very attached to the villa of Sassuolo, dove, while residing in Rome, always spent the summer. was she, indeed, to request the bond of the Superintendency in 1956, avoiding the construction of a new road axis, provided for by the plan drawn up by engineer Dante Hills in the Thirties, He would cut in two the avenue of poplars of the estate. Countess Rosanna, dear to the memory of all sassolesi for charities, He died in his beloved villa in 1989, childless; her husband died in 1993 in the residence of Nerviano, in the province of Milan, in whose cemetery rest both. In 1991, with a public auction, the heirs proceeded to the alienation of the furnishings preserved for generations within the villa. The ancient ceramics, production of Sassuolo, They were bought by a private individual who generously donated to the City of Sassuolo, order not to be dispersed; fate that befell the other hand all the other objects, including portraits of famiglia.La property was divided into two parts: the rustic building, said "Corletta", It was bought by private and restored for residential purposes, while the villa and almost all of the estate were acquired by the City of Sassuolo, that shortly after promoted the opening of the park, of which for years he had had a small part in management.